Hey Happy People,
How has the weekend been going? I have a three day weekend so I’m feeling extra rested and filled with food and joy!
Today’s project is re-creating your favorite pants. Pants have always given me a hard time, actually they give me the IBI-JI-BEES :(. So I faced my fears head on……..
What You Need
- Favorite Pants (comfortable fit)
- Sewing Machine
- Lay out your Fabric and fold up to the amount you need.
- Place the pants on your laid out fabric, add an inch all around and cut out. Do this twice as you need 4 pieces.
- Sew along the sides of both two pieces. It should hopefully look like the picture below.
- Now the tricky part is the crotch area, but I placed my zipper on the side so made it a tad bit easier. For both the front and back sew from waist to crotch. It should look like this below.
- Then sew the In-seam from one end to the other.
- Make a rectangle with your waist measurements and fold in half for your waist band. ((Waist +1″) X 4″)
Place zipper at the front or side. (Please see previous posts for how to place zipper). Fold in any excesses.
I went all colorful with styling these wide leg pants, check it out below.
Photography Credit: Raymond Alozie